- Borrowing regulation (PDF | 115 KB)
- Library of Engineering - Rules (PDF | 320 KB)
- Library of Science - Rules (PDF | 331 KB)
- Library of Cognitive science - Rules (PDF | 217 KB)
- Central University Library (BUC) - Rules (PDF | 418 KB)
- Regulation for reading rooms and closed staks of the Library System of the University of Trento (PDF | 326 KB)
Access and borrowing at the University Library are free and open to people who have a subscription to the CBT borrowing service.
Subscription is free and open to all. You may subscribe and get a library card for the CBT (Bibliographic Catalogue of the Province of Trento) borrowing service at any library in the province of Trento. You need to show an identification card and complete an application form. Membership is effective immediately.
The service can be requested at the counter. Books stored in the closed stacks (Deposito 1 and Deposito 2) are to be requested by filling in a form.
Loan periods and number of items
Normally items can be borrowed for a period of 30 days and can be renewed for further 30 days provided they have not been reserved by another library user.
- students and CBT users: up to 10 works at one time for 30 days, extendible to 60 days as a whole;
- final year students and visiting professors of the University of Trento: up to 20 works at one time for 30 days, extendible to 90 days as a whole;
- visiting professors, assistants and administrative staff of the University of Trento: up to 20 works at one time for 60 days, extendible to 120 days as a whole;
- teaching and research staff, Ph.D. students: up to 30 works at one time for 90 days, extendible for further 90 days.
Renewals and bookings
Loans can be renewed at the library counter, by mail, by phone, until the day before the due date.
Renewals will not be allowed when the item is overdue or has been reserved by another library user.
Items on loan to other users can be booked at the library counter, by mail, by phone.
Interlibrary loan among libraries of the University Library Systems
Agreement between the University Library System and FBK Library
Interlibrary loan between the University Library System and libraries of the province of Trento
National and International library loan and Document Delivery
Material not available for loan
- reference material, such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographies;
- course reserves;
- legal codes;
- works published before 1900;
- degree theses;
- microfilm and microfiches;
- material which requires binding or repairing;
- any other work Libraries decide to make available for the local consultation only.