Structure and mission
UniTrento Libraries is a unitary service center, divided into libraries and central coordination structures:
- BUC – Central University Library
- BUM - Mesiano University Library;
- BUP - Povo University Library;
- BUR - Rovereto University Library.
- BUD - University Digital Library
- Acquisitions and Contracts Division
UniTrento Libraries offer support to the University educational and research activities. The mission is to select, gather, organize and offer users access to all types of information, with particular regard to University members.
UniTrento Libraries is also a highly specialized bibliographic centre for the local community.
UniTrento Libraries governing bodies are the following:
- UniTrento Libraries Board: sets library policies and aims and exercises control over library operations;
- UniTrento Libraries Board President: is responsible for the UniTrento Libraries regulations and represents the Library in other University Boards;
- UniTrento Libraries Board Director: Head of the Library staff, is responsible for the management of UniTrento Libraries in accordance with board policies, supervises and coordinates acquisition and cataloguing operations in collaborations with library heads.