The Central University Library (BUC) holds collections related to the Departments of Economics and Management, of Sociology, of Law, of Arts and Humanities.
Coronavirus information: in line with government guidance, we are lifting restrictions in libraries.
The Library offers the following services:
- Access and borrowing
- Interlibrary loan and ILL/DD
- Internet access (service available also for external users through the use of SPID, public digital identity system)
- Photocopy service
- Library instruction
- Services for users with special needs
- Access to the BUC Meeting room (for professors and researchers only)
- Group Study Room Reservation (at the Cavazzani building)
As of 1 January 2021, the library has 417,127 monographs and 8,725 journal titles, of which 1,140 are currently subscribed.
The library boasts a considerable historical heritage in the sociological field, which developed constantly since the early 1960s when the Istituto Superiore di Scienze Sociali was founded, Ten years later it became the first Faculty of Sociology in Italy. Special attention is also given to certain sections of the humanities: the disciplines of antiquity (philology, art, history) languages and Italian and foreing literatures. Of particular interest are some special collections: ancient books on law and the collection of printed music.
Books are arranged on the shelves under the Dewey Decimal Classification. There are twelve readings for more than 400 seats.
How to reach us
The library is in Quartiere Le Albere, Via Adalberto Libera 3.