Choose a topic
Before starting a search, you need to have in mind what you intend to search and what is the aim of your search. General or subject encyclopedias are excellent sources to consult for basic information on a topic.
Try to identify some keywords that describe the topic (they will be useful for searches in databases and catalogs).
Choose the most suitable resources
- Discovery online research tool that allows you to search a large portion of our Library resources through a single search box.
- Trentino Library Catalogue the online catalogue which contains over 1 million bibliographic records identifying and locating materials of over 150 public and private libraries in the province of Trento, including the University Library.
- Italian and international Library catalogue:
- Databases: Choose a specific database to find journal articles and other resources on your topic
- Degree thesis:bibliographic data (in some cases also full text)of the thesis of first and second level discussed by the students of the university of Trento
- Unitn-eprints research and Unitn-eprints PhD online archive of scientific and technical publications by the departments and research centres of the University of Trento. Unitn-eprints PhD is the institutional archive of the University of Trento where Doctoral Thesis are stored and preserved in full text
- Internet resources: internet is a good source of information, but you need to pay attention to the reliability of the sources.
- Publisher catalogues and virtual libraries:
How to get material
Ask a Librarian
If you are not satisfied with the result of your search, ask the Reference Service for advice.
The library organizes also lessons and courses on the use of library resources.
Our research guides will help you use the resources