- Accessing IRIS (Unitn authors can manage their personal bibliographies and scientific production by clicking on the Login button in the upper right side of the page)
- Give us your feedback or report a problem
What is IRIS
IRIS - Institutional Research Information System – is the new CRIS (Current Research Information System) Open Access compatible, which was adopted in April 2015 and which contains Unitn professors’, researchers’ and PhD students’ scientific and academic publications.
IRIS replaces UGOV Catalogue, whose functions have been upgraded in the new software and whose data (entered from 2010 to 2014) have been migrated to IRIS.
In order to enable Unitn authors to comply with L 112 (October 7th 2013), European Commission Recommendation on access to and preservation of scientific information (July 17th 2012), H2020/ERC Model Grant Agreement and Unitn Open Access Policy, IRIS replaces – for all new full-text Open Access submissions, Unitn-eprints Research, Unitn former institutional Open Access archive of scientific production either in pre-print or in post-print version, according to copyright, intellectual and industrial property laws. Unitn- eprints Research records will be migrated in IRIS in a second phase.
Consequently, starting from April 2015 Unitn-eprints Research will be accessible in read-only mode.
The archive is a module of IRIS System, aimed to manage and monitor every activity concerning the academic research.
The database aims to:
- present Unitn academic scientific production and make it searchable
- automatically feed the MIUR database (known as “Sito Docente Cineca”or “Loginmiur”), in order to make evaluation processes easier and faster
- disseminate Unitn scientific outputs, also according to EU grant agreements requirements
- monitor the productivity of Unitn academic Departments and Doctoral schools
The records entered in IRIS are visible in the public interface only when they are in “permanent status” and after they have been formally validated by IRIS Departmental contact person.
This does not compromise the transmission of each record in “permanent status” from IRIS to Loginmiur (Sito Docente Cineca) which follows two main procedures:
- automatic: daily synchronization (once per day)
- forced: in particular cases, each author can speed up the transmission by clicking on the button “Update now (LoginMIUR website)”.
How to enter IRIS
Professors, researchers, temporary research fellows and PhD students are automatically allowed to enter bibliographic data in IRIS. In order to access they need Unitn University username and password.
Other categories of authors working for Trento University, who want (or are requested) to enter their publications in IRIS, can become IRIS users by submitting a request to their Department administrative offices. This request, authorized by the Head of the Department, will be sent by the administrative offices to IRIS Staff (ProdottiRicerca@agora.unitn.it) and processed.